Actually, I am not complaining. I am just wondering why I am receiving so may job postings on a list serve that I though was supposed to be relating to Code4Lib conferences and coding in library environments. Had the list been called "Code4LibJobs" I suspect I never would have asked the question in the first place. As that is not the title of this list I felt it was a reasonable question, mostly because every time this topic comes up people simply respond "No" without explaining why. When the topic was proposed by another member I took the time to seek clarification.

Still, thanks for taking the time to explain reason why so many job postings appear on this list.

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stuart Yeates
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2014 3:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] separate list for jobs

On 05/07/2014 04:59 AM, Richard Sarvas wrote:
> Not to be a jerk about this, but why is the answer always "No"? There seem to be more posts on this list relating to job openings than there are relating to code discussions. Are job postings a part why this list was originally created? If so, I'll stop now.

The answer is always "no" because we are collectively using the the possession of an email client with filtering capability and the personal knowledge of how to use it as a Shibboleth for group membership. Those who find it easier to complain than write a filter mark themselves as members of the outgroup intruding on the ingroup.

cheers
stuart