Language is a very personal issue, and this has been discussed before;
maybe search the Code4Lib archives for a nice Python thread in 2013. But
we’ve been using python3-pandas for data analysis and it’s a nice library.
https://vimeo.com/59324550

--
Al Matthews

Software Developer, Digital Services Unit
Atlanta University Center, Robert W. Woodruff Library
email: [log in to unmask]; office: 1 404 978 2057

On 5/7/14, 9:13 AM, "Julia" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>This is my first time posting to Code4Lib.  Now seems like a good time.
>
>I am wondering how you have applied Python in your library.  What
>projects have been successful?  What have you heard of other libraries
>doing?  What advantages or disadvantages does it have compared to other
>scripting languages used in the library field?
>
>If you have any thoughts on any of those questions, I'd love to hear from
>you.
>
>Thanks,
>Julia
>Simmons College Library

They are intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system
manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or
make copies.

** IronMail scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious
content. **