Point of logic: the fact that you (or others) find them useful is orthogonal to whether they should be from the same source.

That was the original question. No, wait, it was about discussing (discussing) whether they should be together :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Charles Blair
Sent: Thursday, 8 May 2014 11:56 a.m.
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] separate list for jobs

I don't mind having them both in the same feed. They're easy enough to tell apart even w/o a filter. The reason I say this is that when I see something like "Job: Digital Assets Librarian", or " Job: Linked Data Technologist, Metadata at Stanford University", just to pick two at random, that's a good way for me (as a hiring manager) to see what new kinds of positions are being posted (as opposed to those I'm already familiar with), what new responsibilities they might entail, how a position might be pitched in a new way, or, as in the case of Stanford, what in particular they (as a leader in some of the sorts of things I care about) might be up to. At the very least it adds useful pieces to my current awareness in a convenient way, but it also has the potential of influencing how we define the next position we post here, and since we would like to hire from the community, it has potential benefit for the community as well. Of course, I'm speaking for myself, but in case this is a potentially useful perspective, that some others might hold as well, I post it.

--
Charles Blair, Director, Digital Library Development Center, University of Chicago Library
1 773 702 8459 | [log in to unmask] | http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/~chas/

P Please consider the environment before you print this email.
"The contents of this e-mail (including any attachments) may be confidential and/or subject to copyright. Any unauthorised use, distribution, or copying of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by return e-mail or telephone and then delete this e-mail together with all attachments from your system."