I suspect I'm not the only mostly-lurker who subscribes to CODE4LIB in digest mode, finding value in a glance over the previous day's discussions each morning, then (very) occasionally weighing in on individual threads via the web interface.  I find this to be more effective and efficient than filtering-and-foldering individual messages, at least for my goal of  having some idea of the content of the conversations here, although--not being a full-time library technologist--I'm really just skimming.

I also suspect that I'm also not the only digest-mode subscriber who would see value in a digest-mode option that excluded job postings.

Ben Brumfield
http://manuscripttranscription.blogspot.com/