On May 8, 2014, at 11:35 AM, Ben Brumfield wrote:

> I suspect I'm not the only mostly-lurker who subscribes to CODE4LIB in digest mode, finding value in a glance over the previous day's discussions each morning, then (very) occasionally weighing in on individual threads via the web interface.  I find this to be more effective and efficient than filtering-and-foldering individual messages, at least for my goal of  having some idea of the content of the conversations here, although--not being a full-time library technologist--I'm really just skimming.
>
> I also suspect that I'm also not the only digest-mode subscriber who would see value in a digest-mode option that excluded job postings.

As this is an an actual LISTSERV(tm) mailing list, it's possible for the list owner to define 'topics', and then for people to set up their subscription to exclude those they wish to ignore:

	http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/16.0/htmlhelp/list%20owners/ModeratingEditingLists.html#2338132

I would suspect it would be honored even in digest mode, but I've never tried it.

-Joe