From: Code for Libraries [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Roy Tennant [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 10:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Job Interview : A Libcoder's Helpful Advices

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Kyle Banerjee <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Hiring someone is the most important/expensive thing that organizations do.

I couldn't agree more[1]. And that's why I advocate that organizations hire
based on personality traits, not experience. I realize that justifications
must be given in terms of the candidate's qualifications vis. a vis. the
position description, but if you aren't paying attention to personality
traits then you are missing the boat.
Roy

[1] http://roytennant.com/column/?fetch=data/101.xml