I guess my vote would be to keep them in the system after they graduated, with some sort of flag.  Then, after they successfully authenticate themselves, you can give them all the helpful messages you want.

Otherwise, unauthenticated users should get as little information as possible.

Ralph

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Amy Vecchione
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 2:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Ez proxy -deliver message saying why not authenticated

Yes, we talked about that. Would we be able to delineate password and/or username wrong as opposed to "you graduated and you don't have access anymore because you're not enrolled"? Just curious.

Amy Vecchione, Digital Access Librarian/Assistant Professor http://works.bepress.com/amy_vecchione/
Albertsons Library, Boise State University, L212 http://library.boisestate.edu
(208) 426-1625