Riley,

Whatever you do, don't major in library science as an undergrad. Maybe
minor in it, along with some other major, if you want, but it's not useful
by itself as an undergraduate degree--most libraries want librarians to
have the MLIS. And what if you change your mind after a few years and don't
want to get the masters? Do something you could get a career in--or work
in, part time, to afford the MLIS.

If you want to be a systems librarian, why not get a degree in systems
engineering or IT? (Seriously, there are degrees in
IT<http://www.ccsu.edu/page.cfm?p=332>now, what a world!) Computer
science wouldn't hurt, if you don't mind
theory, and you can get some good foundational stuff that will help with
the information science part of "libraries and information science."

The school where I got my MLIS had an "Information Science" department that
was mostly IT, too. So, that's a possibility.

--
Coral Sheldon-Hess
http://sheldon-hess.org/coral