In the great growing tradition of 21st century political debate, I will avoid the questions in this thread entirely, and "pivot" to points that I personally find gratifying to discuss, as I'm enjoying the observations of others:

1.) For the record, though I've never been to New Zealand (still waiting my invite... ahem), I found Stuart's email a wonderfully self-conscious allusion to C4L's "the answer is technology" personality that (at times) emerges. (And +2 points for the double entendre Internet2 pun--intentional or not). I guess it's true that email does not adequately convey tongueness-in-cheek

2.) Ditto to what Charles says..., plus

3.) More than once, the C4L jobs I've found out about jobs my own organization was posting from this list that were a surprise to me. (Left hand, meet right hand!)

4.) More than once, I've found out from the C4L jobs feed that our own HR system has successfully posted a position in my own department. Yes, this can take weeks, and no, our "awesome" HR system doesn't have an internal email notification system

5.) Charles--did you say you were interested in a linked data position at Stanford, or know someone who is? Call me! : )

- Tom