 (apologies about any cross postings)

The ArchivesSpace team is happy to release version
1.0.9<https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases/tag/v1.0.9>
.

Please see the documention<https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/UPGRADING.md>for
information on how to upgrade your ArchivesSpace installs.

This release includes upgrading Rails to 3.2.18, which addresses an important
security patch<http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2014/5/6/Rails_3_2_18_4_0_5_and_4_1_1_have_been_released/>.
It is recommended that users update ArchivesSpace in order to apply this
patch.

This release marks a transition from the work performed by Hudson Molongo
<http://www.hudsonmolonglo.com/>on the project to the ArchivesSpace
community. It was a pleasure working with James Bullen, Mark Triggs, Payten
Giles, and Brian Hoffman, and we hope to continue to collobrate with them
in the future.

There was a slight delay in this release, as we found there to be some
performance bottlenecks affecting use of the Archivist Toolkit and Archon
migration tools against large datasets. We believe we have mitigated these
issues to a level that ensures that the data is transferred properly in
a reasonable amount of time.

 This release also supports use of the Archon to ArchivesSpace migration
tool and includes the following features and fixes:

   - FEATURE #70922880 <https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70922880>:
   Update Rails to address CVE-2014-0130