I do have quite a bit of experience with Wordpress, and I generally like it
more than Drupal for its simplicity. The reason I am wary of it is that it
is heavily plugin-dependent in general and specifically with regards to
custom content types. I want to avoid having to use third-party plugins for
basic site functionality. The litmus test for me is if I can make a dynamic
database list page using out-of-the-box functionality. Neither Drupal nor
Wordpress can do this as far as I can tell.