I dropped Drupal because of the problems outlined by Joshua and others.
There is no doubt in my mind if you have the time and staff resources to
learn Drupal and your specific instance of Drupal, that it is a very
powerful and useful tool. However, the learning curve is steep and time
consuming. Also, unless it is very well documented by the person doing
things, it is hard for someone new to a particular Drupal instance to know
what modules/etc. are being used. There are multiple ones that do the same
thing and it can be hard to tell how it was configured by the previous
admin. If you have the appropriate staffing (and/or are willing to pay a
consulting or support firm), Drupal can be a great tool but it is not the
best tool for everyone. Of course, that applies to most software.

Edward