The IIIF Editors are pleased to announce draft revisions of the
International Image Interoperability Framework Image and Presentation
(formerly 'Metadata') API specifications.

  * http://iiif.io/api/image/2.0/
  * http://iiif.io/api/presentation/2.0/

These releases reflect a significant amount of input from both the IIIF
working groups and the larger library, archives, and museum communities
following roughly a year of experience either implementing or
experimenting with the previous versions.

A complete list of the changes can be found on the IIIF website:

  * http://iiif.io/api/image/2.0/change-log.html
  * http://iiif.io/api/presentation/2.0/change-log.html

We welcome your feedback, questions, and use cases, and encourage you to
submit them to the IIIF Discussion Listserv:
[log in to unmask] Drafts will be kept open for comment
until the beginning of August, with the goal of final release in
September. However, we would appreciate feedback early in order to work
on and gain consensus for any necessary changes.

Sincerely,

The IIIF Image and Presentation API Editors:
Benjamin Albritton
Michael Appleby
Robert Sanderson
Stuart Snydman