From: The NDSA Content working group list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hartman, Cathy
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2014 2:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [NDSA-CONTENT] Reminder: NDSA Content WG Agenda for Tomorrow's Call (May 7 at 11 am EDT)

Hello Content WG members,
Below is the agenda for tomorrow's call and the call in information for LC's new conferencing system.  Hope you can join us!

Abbie and Cathy

Agenda:

1.       Nicholas Taylor on this topic:
Following the model of Stanford's web accessibility evangelist, I've been reaching out to the campus community of web builders to raise awareness about the importance of website archivability. Archivable websites facilitate our own local web preservation efforts (e.g., an institutional archives responsible for online records) as well as those of other organizations (e.g., Internet Archive's web-wide crawls). I've been making the case - to positive reception - that archivable websites  benefit web builders, as well, by improving performance, usability, and the likelihood that web archives will be available as a resource for their own reference. For the NDSA conference call, I will share tips for improving website archivability, more and less persuasive arguments for making the case to web builders, and possible collaborations that have been discussed at Stanford between campus web builders and the repository.

2.       Maureen Harlow, NLM's NDSR resident
Maureen is wrapping up her project to develop a thematic Web collection at NLM (called "Disorders of the Developing and Aging Brain: Autism and Alzheimer's on the Web.")

3.       Web Archiving Survey update

4.       Summer meeting: do we want a CWG in person meeting Monday at LC, or lunch/dinner gathering?

Connect to the meeting:

1.       Go to https://locosi.adobeconnect.com/ndsacwg/

2.       Enter your full name (first and last) in the text box

3.       Click the Enter Room button

4.       Dial 877-299-5123 for audio

Cathy N. Hartman
Associate Dean of Libraries