Hi Everybody,

In preparation for the Storage Architectures for Digital Preservation summit NDIIPP hosts each year in September I am curious to know if anyone on the list's organization is doing work with erasure codes and has them worked into their plans for things like numbers of copies and general models for taking care of risks. That is, I'm interested to know if anybody here might be interested in talking about the role that erasure coding plays in your planning and storage architecture.

For reference, here are links to the agendas for previous storage meetings.

*  Designing Storage Architectures for Preservation Collections, September 23-24, 2013, Washington, D.C.<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/meetings/storage13.html>
*  Designing Storage Architectures for Preservation Collections, September 20-21, 2012, Washington, D.C.<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/meetings/storage12.html>
*  Designing Storage Architectures for Preservation Collections, September 26-27, 2011, Washington, D.C.<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/meetings/storage11.html>

Best,
Trevor

Trevor Owens
Digital Archivist, Office of Strategic Initiatives, The Library of Congress
http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/author/trow/