Hello Infrastructure Working Group members,

I hope this finds you well. Just a quick reminder and an agenda for today’s meeting.

As always, our call is the last Tuesday of the month at 2:00 EST.

We will be using the new web conferencing platform, so here is the call steps.

1.      Go to https://locosi.adobeconnect.com/digitalpreservation

2.      Enter your name in the text box

3.      Click the "Enter Room" button

4.      Dial 877-299-5123 for audio

We may or may not use the screen sharing, but I wanted to make sure we had tried it out before we have one of our speakers use it.

Here is a quick agenda for the call.

1.      Update on the Fixity Checking Fact Sheet: I’ve attached a revised draft of the fixity fact sheet which an action team of folks from Infrastructure and Standards has been working on. So if you can skim it before the call or just browse it during the call for any further input that would be great. It has already gone through a round of public comment, which resulted in some minor tweaks and additions, but we wanted to share it back to the big group before running it past the NDSA coordinating committee before publishing it.

2.      Update on Open Source Digital Preservation tools project: See the attached document which includes blurbs from the interviews we have done organized under different themes. On the call we will see if a) we think it would be useful to turn this into a narrative essay or blog post and b) if anyone on the call wants to volunteer to collaborate on that.

3.      Quick update on ongoing work on the NDSA Storage Survey.

4.      Conformation on June call a demonstration and discussion of Olive Archive https://olivearchive.org/

5.      Any new issues/topics for discussion.

Best,

Trevor

Trevor Owens

Digital Archivist, Office of Strategic Initiatives, The Library of Congress

http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/author/trow/