Hi Bernadette,
There is a plug-in for Omeka that allows it to work with Fedora. I haven't
used it personally, but if you feel like Fedora might meet more of your
preservation-type needs it could be a viable solution.

Here's a link to the description of the plug-in:
http://omeka.org/codex/Plugins/FedoraConnector

Perhaps if there's someone on the list who has used it they can tell you
how it's worked for them.
-Maura

--
Maura Carbone