Hey Josh,

We are currently employing one of these at the moment to gather feedback on
our new responsive look.  In my opinion it is unobtrusive (we haven't heard
any complaints about it being obtrusive either) and we are getting some
minimally useful responses (that's a low bar though!).  We made a way for
the user to close the request for feedback message per session/visit, so as
to make even less annoying.  And we kind of went back and forth on this
point: if a user dismisses the feedback request how long should that
dismissal last?  We landed on per session, but we could have set it to a
day or a week or whatever.

Anyway, you can take a look here:
http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/

Also valuable in the feedback is what isn't said.  I have better peace of
mind that there are no crucial problems or boulders in the user experience.

One last thing, we are recording user agent along with the form submissions
just in case we needed to do some troubleshooting.

Hope that helps,
Charlie