As I read it, 'Freedom to Read' means that we have to take active steps
to protect that rights of our readers to read what they want and  in
private.

Triggered by discussions at a bar-camp on NLNZ on Friday I'm thinking
that in a digital world this means systematically privileging HTTPS over
HTTP. Things like:
* serving our websites and content over HTTPS
* installing HTTPS Everywhere on public-access desktops
* preferring HTTPS links in EZProxy / MARC / etc (basically in our
catalogued materials)
* building HTTPS Everywhere-like functionality into LMSs (such
functionality may already exist, I'm not sure)
* providing user-education materials.

Thoughts?

cheers
stuart