Data Manager
University College London
London

The Cancer Research UK & UCL Cancer Trials Centre (CTC) is part of the Cancer
Institute at University College London. The CTC is a National Cancer Research
Institute (NCRI) accredited cancer trials unit. We carry out clinical trials
to evaluate new approaches to the treatment of cancer including multicentre
phase III trials with survival, tumour response and quality of life endpoints,
and phase I and II trials, some with biological endpoints. We collaborate with
clinicians and researchers in the UK and abroad to develop and run clinical
trials in Lung, Haematology, Gynaecology, Gastrointestinal tract, Sarcoma,
Bone Metastases, Head & Neck and Brain cancers. The CTC Director is Jonathan
Ledermann, Professor of Medical Oncology at UCL.

The successful applicant will join a team working on phase I, II and III
trials. The main purpose of the post is to ensure the accuracy and
completeness of data collection, and adherence to trial protocols. The Data
Manager (DM) plays a key role in supporting the trial team in administrative
tasks and is a key point of contact for hospitals participating in our trials.
The DM also assists in developing standard practices within the CTC and in
problem-solving.

The post is funded for one year in the first instance.

We are looking for candidates with high level knowledge of life sciences,
proven accuracy and numeracy skills, and experience of data entry and
databases. The DM must be able to interpret and process large amounts of
complex information and be able to follow procedures. Excellent oral and
written communication skills are absolutely essential. A good knowledge of
Word, Excel, and Access is also required. Experience in clinical trials,
knowledge of cancer and medical terminology and familiarity with data
collection within the hospital environment would be advantageous.

Applicants should apply online. To access further details about the position
and how to apply please click on the 'Apply' button below.

If you have any queries regarding the vacancy, please contact Sandy Beare:
[log in to unmask] , 020 7679 9879.

For all queries regarding the application process, please contact Louise
Rusha: [log in to unmask] , 020 7679 9898.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/14890/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/