From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Charlie Morris
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2014 11:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Online site feedback or usability surveys?

Hey Josh,

We are currently employing one of these at the moment to gather feedback on our new responsive look.  In my opinion it is unobtrusive (we haven't heard any complaints about it being obtrusive either) and we are getting some minimally useful responses (that's a low bar though!).  We made a way for the user to close the request for feedback message per session/visit, so as to make even less annoying.  And we kind of went back and forth on this
point: if a user dismisses the feedback request how long should that dismissal last?  We landed on per session, but we could have set it to a day or a week or whatever.

Anyway, you can take a look here:
http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/

Also valuable in the feedback is what isn't said.  I have better peace of mind that there are no crucial problems or boulders in the user experience.

One last thing, we are recording user agent along with the form submissions just in case we needed to do some troubleshooting.

Hope that helps,
Charlie