On Jun 16, 2014, at 6:44 AM, Johan Oomen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> 2.805.000 Euros Funding for Future Memory Standards!
>>
>> The PREFORMA call for tender has been published on June 12th, 2014. Proposal submission deadline: August 12th, 2014. Budget: 2.805.000 EUR. — http://www.preforma-project.eu/tender.html
>>
>> PREFORMA CHALLENGE
>>
>> PREFORMA aims to establish a set of tools and procedures for gaining full control over the technical properties of digital content intended for long-term preservation by memory institutions and to establish a long-term sustainable ecosystem around the developed tools with a variety of stakeholder groups, among which developers, digital preservationists and standardisation bodies.
>>
>> OBJECTIVES OF THE PROCUREMENT
>>
>> The main objective of the pre-commercial-procurement is the development and deployment of an open source, software licensed, reference implementation for file format standards aimed at any memory institution (or other organisation with a preservation task) wishing to check conformance with a specific standard. This reference implementation will consist of a set of modular tools, which will be tested against the implementation of specifications of standards relevant to the PREFORMA project and used by the European memory institutions to preserve their data objects.
>>
>> Our mailing address is:
>>
>>   Promoter srl
>>   Via Boccioni, Peccioli, PI, Italia
>>   Peccioli, Toscana 56037
>>   Italy

Johan, thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I feel these sorts of postings are very beneficial to the list and the community. I hope we can see more of them. They are kind of like job postings, and they give folks a feeling for what is happening in the wider world. (jobs^h^h^h^htenders.code4lib.org Hmmm...) Interesting!? —Eric Morgan