Hi Jason,

We are using (and, with Northwestern U, developing) the open source Avalon
Media System for this and other purposes.

For authentication we use OmniAuth and so can tie in with many different
systems. For authorization, there are both ad hoc access groups managed by
Avalon as well as LTI or LDAP for reliance upon externally managed access
groups.

For more information, see

http://www.avalonmediasystem.org/

Best,

Mark
--
Mark Notess
Head, User Experience and Digital Media Services