In wikipedia, the principal representation for alternative names for
entities are 'redirects'. The redirect from "Catherine Sefton" to
"Martin Waddell" can be found at
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Catherine_Sefton&redirect=no
(and yes, being a wiki it's editable).

That redirect is annotated that this is a  redirect "From an alternative
name" (as opposed to a common spelling mistake or something else) and
"From a printworthy page title" (which says to use this redirect when
building (cross-) indexes etc.).

To create a link from the "Catherine Sefton" to an authority control
system (as distinct from the "Martin Waddell" link), the redirect can be
editted include an Authority control template (see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Authority_control ), which is the
same template used for full articles.

cheers
stuart