On Jun 20, 2014, at 10:31 AM, Richard Wallis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> ISNI has a suite of programs that detects pseudonyms coded as name variants
> and changes them into related name and generates related identity records.
> It is a while since it was run and will be re-run in the next few weeks.
> This should change Currer Bell into a related name of Charlotte Brontė .

Please humor me as I ask this question again. What is the difference between ISNI and other identifiers systems (like ORCID, etc.)? What distinguishes one from another? As a librarian, why should I care? Was as a faculty member/scholar, why should I care? Under what context is one identifier expected to be used instead of another? Maybe a picture/graph is in order:

          authority control simple pointer
  VIAF   |        X        |              |
  ORCID  |                 |     X        |
   ISNI  |                 |              |

—
Eric Lease Morgan