The Web Ahead podcast had an episode that covered the current state of
web annotation. Something there might work.
http://5by5.tv/webahead/60

Crossing the thread over to linked author data, this item made me laugh.
http://w3cmemes.tumblr.com/post/76273506486/dave-started-reviewing-open-annotations-today