On Jun 20, 2014, at 4:30 PM, Karen Coyle wrote:

> On 6/20/14, 11:38 AM, Richard Wallis wrote:
>> In what ways does ISNI support linked data?
>>
>> See: http://www.isni.org/how-isni-works#HowItWorks_LinkedData
>
> " accessible by a persistent URI in the form isni-url.oclc.nl/isni/0000000134596520 (for example)  and soon also in the form isni.org/isni/0000000134596520. "
>
> Odd. I assume that whoever wrote that on their page just forgot the "http://" part of those strings. Right?

People think I'm being pedantic when I bitch about the protocol
missing for printed materials (flyers, business cards, etc) ...
but in this case, it's a definite violation of RFC 3986:

  1.1.1.  Generic Syntax
     Each URI begins with a scheme name, as defined in Section 3.1, that
     refers to a specification for assigning identifiers within that
     scheme.  As such, the URI syntax is a federated and extensible naming
     system wherein each scheme's specification may further restrict the
     syntax and semantics of identifiers using that scheme.

Now, it's possible that this whole "we don't need to bother with
http://" thing has spilled into the CMS building community, and
they're actively stripping it out.  From their page, I think they're
using Drupal, but the horrible block of HTML that this was in is
blatantly MS Word's 'save as HTML' foulness:

-Joe