Or I should say, that is my first inclination. Though I can't test it
because im out in the woods (as it were) in Ohio.

Ttr

Sent from my Windows Phone From: Jonathan Rochkind
Sent: ‎6/‎24/‎2014 12:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] MarcEdit Tasks power?
Hi code4libbers,

I don't have much experience with MarcEdit, I'm hoping someone else
does, especially with creating automated MarcEdit "tasks", and can advise:

Would it be possible to create a MarcEdit task that:

=> IF there is 338 field with subfield $a "online resource", THEN erase
all existing subfield $b's in that field, and add a single subfield $b
"cr".

We have records loaded from certain sources that have inconsistent 338$a
and $b, where the $a is the reliable one. I'm curious if I can send
records from these sources through a MarcEdit Task to correct this known
pattern of error.

Anyone know if this is possible in a MarcEdit task? And if you could
supply some hints to a complete newbie to MarcEdit on how to do it, that
would be quite kind of you!

Jonathan