Dear All,

Please see below a copy and pasted message, which was posted to the Bibframe listerv and also a number of (mostly) cataloging listservs.  Although it was developed and sponsored by the Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC), we're interested in the broadest possible feedback from the library community.  The code4lib community - comprised of developers and other library tech types - is a vital element within the broader community, and one we see as a key stakeholder in this process, and we'd very much like your feedback to the below survey.

--------------------

On June 20, 2014, the Library of Congress announced its desire to collaborate with the Program for Cooperative Cataloging in the endorsement and support of BIBFRAME as the model to help the library community move into the Linked Data environment.

PCC and LC strongly encourage the PCC membership and the broader library community to become more knowledgeable and attuned to the development and rollout of BIBFRAME and how it fits within libraries and the larger Linked Data sphere.

The PCC Secretariat has created a BIBFRAME survey that aims to assess the current level of understanding of BIBFRAME within the PCC community and the wider information community.  The survey also asks for ways in which information and announcements on BIBFRAME can be shared more widely within the communities.

The PCC Secretariat encourages all PCC members to take the survey, and requests that PCC members share the survey widely with colleagues in all spheres of library work - vendors, systems, acquisitions, and other areas.

You do not need to be a PCC member in order to take the survey!

The survey should take approximately 10 minutes or less to complete, and you may remain anonymous if you wish.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PCC-BIBFRAME-2014

The survey will close on Monday, July 14, 2014.

I can vouch that it should take only a little of your valuable time to complete.

Cordially,
Kevin

--
Kevin Ford
Network Development and MARC Standards Office