>  * ORCID - http://orcid.org/0000-0002-9952-7800
>  * ResearcherID - http://www.researcherid.com/rid/F-2062-2014
>  * Scopus - http://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.url?authorId=25944695600
>  * VIAF - http://viaf.org/viaf/26290254
>  * LC - http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n94036700
>  * ISNI - http://isni.org/isni/0000000035290715
>
> How have any of y'all used theses sorts of identifiers, and what problems do you think you will be able to solve by doing so?

Each of these identifiers are essentially keys in a table, and the table often points to written works. To what degree are these sorts of things intended to be “authority records” and to what degree are they simply expected to be identifiers? What’s the difference? I do know that things like ORCIDs are intended to be included in grant and journal submissions — so they are keys also pointing to things like names, addresses, affiliations, etc. If there is computer-readable data/information at the other end of the identifiers, then, the data/information could be collected to create reports, such as on-the-fly curriculum vitas or departmental publication reports. —ELM