This request brings to mind something I've been thinking about for a long
time: There is a serious dearth of web analytics benchmarking data in the
library community. I know our web stats but I have no idea if they are good
or bad or average. Trying to compare with other general sites is not very
meaningful, because library websites have such specific goals that are very
different from the goals of commercial websites.

I've been pondering for awhile how we could collectively build a dataset
for benchmarking, but my pondering hasn't gotten very far. I would love to
hear what other people think.

Laura

[image: Laura Krier on about.me]

Laura Krier