We invite you to attend the Pacific Northwest DPLA Metadatathon!
http://info.oregondigital.org/dpla/
Register Now! - Registration is limited, so please register soon.

Registration Form<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pnw-dpla-metadatathon-tickets-11457239913> via Eventbrite

Wait, what's a metadatathon?

It's like a hackathon only it's harder to say... and it's for metadata! We'll be cleaning up metadata, learning tools and scripts to help automate this process, and hearing from Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) experts about how metadata affects end users and their ability to do cool things with collection materials.

Who can attend?

Anyone interested in contributing materials to the DPLA (or in good metadata practices more generally). We're especially hoping to see archivists and special collections librarians, metadata librarians, and developers. But we welcome any and all party crashers committed to shaping a better information ecosystem.

When & Where

Saturday, July 19th from 9 am to 5 pm

UO PDX, White Stag, 70 NW Couch St, Portland, OR 97209

Event Details & Schedule

More information about event details and schedule<http://info.oregondigital.org/dpla/event-details.html> is now available.

Sponsors

Oregon State University Libraries & Press<http://osulibrary.oregonstate.edu/>, University of Oregon Libraries<http://library.uoregon.edu/>, and the Digital Public Library of America<http://dp.la/>
Contacts

Karen Estlund, Head, Digital Scholarship Center, University of Oregon Libraries, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Korey Jackson, Gray Family Chair for Innovative Library Services, Oregon State University Libraries & Press,  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>