We are currently investigating software to exhibit our special collections materials. We are looking for something with a wide and active user base; Omeka is one on our list. Are there any others worth investigating?

Omeka does appear to have some disadvantages; one being that it seems to be focused on presentation. Which is great, but it seems to be at the expense of archiving/preservation of the objects.

Bernadette Houghton
Library Business Applications Developer
Library
[Title: Deakin University logo]
Deakin University
Locked Bag 20000, Geelong, VIC 3220
+61 3 52278230
www.deakin.edu.au<http://www.deakin.edu.au/>
Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code 00113B

Important Notice: The contents of this email are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it and any attachments immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone.

Deakin University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.