I'm excited to announce that Digital Preservation Questions and Answers is live and ready for staff at NDSA member organizations to post questions and get them answered by the community. Visit http://qanda.digipres.org/ to start asking and answering questions today.

This launch builds on a longstanding desire of participants in the innovation working group to have a publicly accessible platform for sharing and finding answers to the kinds of questions digital preservation practitioners face every day.

Hosted and run by the Open Planets Foundation, this discussion platform started with a soft launch a few months back. At this point, the site is ready for a broader rollout to the NDSA community. The soft launch period already resulted in a valuable initial set of questions and answers.  Take a moment to browse some of these questions and answers to get a sense of how the platform is already being used http://qanda.digipres.org/questions

Please consider sharing the link with the staff in your member organization. Our hope is that this can be a place where members work together to build a knowledge base of practical applied wisdom. Building that knowledge base is only possible through participation of staff at member organizations.

Best,
Trevor

Trevor Owens
Digital Archivist, Office of Strategic Initiatives, The Library of Congress
http://blogs.loc.gov/digitalpreservation/author/trow/