Hello,

My question primarily concerns an EZproxy issue I am working on but posting
here in the hope someone on the list may have had related experience or
suggestions.

We are going to be launching a survey to assess e-resource usage the end of
this month and plan to use EZproxy to redirect users to the survey
following the method outlined here
http://usefulutilities.com/support/example/survey.txt

What we want to happen is:

A) User clicks a proxied link and is redirected to our survey;
B) User completes the survey and submits, their responses are written to a
database;
C) User is forwarded through to their original destination URL;
D) After completing the survey once, a cookie is set locally so that next
time a user clicks a proxied resource a PHP script (Drupal module) redirects
the user to that resource, writing an additional survey submission to the
database, replicating all answers from the user's latest response to the
survey.

It is at Step D that we are currently hung up.

The script we have written at all times checks for the existence of both
the EZproxy cookie, and the locally set cookie. If the EZproxy cookie is
set but the local cookie is not then the user is prompted to take the
survey. If both cookies are set, then the user's latest survey results are
replicated for that resource in the results database. *If the EZproxy
cookie is NOT set (something that should not really happen) then the script
will redirect the user to the library homepage. *

In our testing so far the script constantly redirects to the homepage which
seems to indicate that the EZproxy cookie is not set, or that the script is
unable to see it.

I have done a header dump and can see that the EZproxy cookie appears to be
getting set in my browser when I click on proxied links. But again the
script behaves as if the EZproxy cookie is not set...

Assuming this has something to do with the way EZproxy handles cookies but
I cannot find anything in the documentation to help me find a solution to
this issue.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions please feel free to reply on or
off list.

Thanks,

Jim

--