+1 to OpenRefine. Some extensions, like RDF Refine <http://refine.deri.ie/>,
currently only work with the old Google Refine (still available here
<https://code.google.com/p/google-refine/>). There's a good deal of
interesting projects for OpenRefine on GitHub and GitHub Gist.

Google Docs Spreadsheets also has a surprising amount of functionality,
such as importXML if you're willing to get your hands dirty with regular
expressions.

Dave