Hi Ned,

The biggest case for SP is boiled down to 2 things in my mind.
1) its terrible at preservation. If you are just using it as a digital
asset mgmt system its fine, but if you need the preservation component go
with something else.

2) SP is decent at doing everything, but is not good at any 1 thing. Its a
jack of all trades, master of none. If you want to do 1 thing really well
find something else. But, if you need something that does everything, its
almost your only option.

There are probably plenty of other arguments, but those 2 usually sum up SP
in the discussions I have with people.

Jacob Ratliff
National Fire Protection Association
Archivist/Taxonomy Librarian