Hi Code4Lib folks,

I have a question for those of you who have worked with OAI-PMH.  I am
currently editing our DSpace OAI crosswalk to include a few custom metadata
field that exist in our repository for publication information and port
them into a more standard format.  The problem I am running into is the
select statements they use are not the typical XPath statements I am used
to.  For example:

<xsl:for-each
select="doc:metadata/doc:element[@name='dc']/doc:element[@name='type']/doc:element/doc:element/doc:field[@name='value']">
<dc:type><xsl:value-of select="." /></dc:type>
</xsl:for-each>

I know what the "." does, but the other select statement is a bit foreign
to me.  So my question is, does anyone know of some reference material that
can help me make sense of this select?  I need to understand what it is
doing so I can make my own.  Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Matt Sherman