Hey Elizabeth,

I know my library's systems department uses The Trac project:
http://trac.edgewall.org/, which lets them do exactly what you're asking
about.  I can't remember how easy/difficult the installation process is,
but using it is easy for almost anyone.  Our building maintenance person
has even started using it as a way to track what she needs to do.

Andrew Shuping

Robert Frost - "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about
life: it goes on."