Sounds cool, Gary. I agree with Brooke: the MusicIR community (J. Stephen
Downie & many others) would be a good starting point.

The work I'm aware of goes the other way -- starting from scores. For
instance, here's the Bodelain's crowdsourced digital annotation project:
http://www.whats-the-score.org/

Andrew Bullen also did a talk in 2008 and Code4Lib journal article about
Optical Music Recognition:
http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/84
You can get to a video from:
http://www.niso.org/blog/?p=5

On the crowdsourcing front, you might look at the nichesourcing approach to
get stuff to the right people:
http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/papers/Boer12b.pdf

Let us know how it goes!

-Jodi