We're in the process of implementing membership renewals (we're a
membership library) using Drupal Commerce and First Data Global Gateway.
The plan is to eventually expand this to handle new memberships,
donations, and some retail sales.

Donations and fines payments currently go through Innovative
Interfaces's Ecommerce product paired with PayPal (I think it works with
other payment vendors, too).

Regards,

Erik.

--
Erik Sandall, MLIS
Electronic Services Librarian & Webmaster