Web Developer
Dartmouth
Hanover

The Dartmouth College Library is looking for a talented and motivated
individual to join our team as a web developer, as we continue to move forward
in building and implementing next generation library technologies. The
selected individual will work with other developers, small teams of
librarians, archivists, and curators to design and develop sites and
applications to serve our library collections and exhibitions. We invite you
to be a part of our ventures in digital publishing, digital production,
digital repositories, and library management systems.

REQUIRED: B.S./B.A. in computer science, human-computer interaction, or the
equivalent in education and experience; 4-6 years demonstrated experience in
designing, developing, and maintaining web-based applications and complex web
sites; ability to work with minimal supervision; proficiency developing in
Javascript, PHP and MySQL, coding to contemporary web standards (HTML5, CSS,
etc.) and working with jQuery and similar libraries and frameworks; competency
with software version control. A strong customer-focused orientation and a
passion for problem solving are keys to success in this position.

PREFERRED: Experience with Drupal CMS; strong knowledge of XML and XSLT;
experience with at least one other programming/scripting language (e.g., Ruby,
Python, Perl). Knowledge of digital library concepts and practices, and
intellectual curiosity are highly valued.

RANK AND SALARY: Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Full benefits package including 22 vacation days; comprehensive health care;
retirement plans, including TIAA-CREF; and relocation
assistance.

APPLICATION: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue
until the position is filled. To see the complete job description and to apply
online please go to http://jobs.dartmouth.edu. Please refer to position #
1011946. All applications require a resume and cover letter.

Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a
strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested
in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including women,
minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans or any other legally
protected group.

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/15491/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/