Hi,

We run Innovative Millennium and it supports NCIP requests as part of our BorrowDirect consortium, which is mostly non-Innovative libraries. (The product/addon we bought from III might be a modified version of the Direct Consortial Borrowing product that Kyle mentions.) It’s probably more accurate to say that the product supports a subset of NCIP - certainly not the whole standard.

I’ve done a bunch of playing with our NCIP responder. If you have something similar from III, you should really check whether NCIP requests will be accepted and acted on from anywhere. It took us a while to get protection in place so that we’d only accept NCIP requests from IP addresses we whitelisted. The URL where RESTful NCIP requests are accepted (from our whitelisted IP addresses) is

http://129.170.20.40/iii/nciprelais/Restful

and I did all my testing by using curl/wget to POST the xml-formatted NCIP request to that URL. We did have a specific port assigned, but that disappeared when we set up access controls.

Hope this helps,
Joe Montibello, MLIS
Library Systems Manager
Dartmouth College