From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jon Stroop
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2014 12:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] very large image display?

Jonathan,

We use an image server I wrote, Loris, plus OpenSeadragon. Here's an
example:

http://libimages.princeton.edu/osd-demo/?feedme=pudl0123%2F8172070%2F01%2F00000001.jp2

That image is 152500 x 4000 px:

http://libimages.princeton.edu/loris/pudl0123%2F8172070%2F01%2F00000001.jp2/info.json

Loris is on Github: https://github.com/pulibrary/loris
as is OpenSeadragon: https://github.com/openseadragon/openseadragon

More generally, this is one of many problems IIIF (International Image Interoperability Framework) exists to try to solve. You might want to check out our site, which has links to other tools as well: http://iiif.io/

Hope this helps,
-Jon