From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Miles Fidelman
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2014 10:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CODE4LIB] coders who library? [was: Let me shadow you, librarians who code!]

This recent spate of message leads me to wonder: How many folks here who
"code for libraries" have a library science degree/background, vs. folks
who come from other backgrounds?  What about folks who end up in
technology management/direction positions for libraries?

Personally: Computer scientist and systems engineer, did some early
Internet-in-public library deployments, got to write a book about it.
Not actively doing library related work at the moment.

Miles Fidelman

Dot Porter wrote:
> I'm a medieval manuscripts curator who codes, in Philadelphia, and I'd be
> happy to talk to you as well.
>
> Dot
>

> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 10:30 AM, David Mayo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> If you'd like to talk to someone who did a library degree, and currently
>> works as a web developer supporting an academic library, I'd be happy to
>> talk with you.
>>
>> - Dave Mayo
>>    Software Engineer @ Harvard > HUIT > LTS
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 10:12 AM, Steven Anderson <
>> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> Jennie,
>>> As with others, I'm not a librarian as I lack a library degree, but I do
>>> Digital Repository Development for the Boston Public Library
>> (specifically:
>>> https://www.digitalcommonwealth.org/). Feel free to let me know you want
>>> to chat for your masters paper.
>>> Sincerely,Steven AndersonWeb Services - Digital Library Repository

>> as
>>> a library job O_o. If you are still in want of guinea-pigs, I'd love to
>>> skype / hangout.

*Shop to Support Queens Library!  Buy books, e-books, videos, music, gifts at great prices. A portion of the proceeds benefit Queens Library.

 http://www.queenslibrary.org/shop

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.