> have a question for those of you who have worked with OAI-PMH.  I am
> currently editing our DSpace OAI crosswalk to include a few custom metadata
> field that exist in our repository for publication information and port
> them into a more standard format.  The problem I am running into is the
> select statements they use are not the typical XPath statements I am used
> to.  For example

Hi,

element1/element2 - means, that element2 is child of element1
element[@name='type'] - matches <element name="type">. @name is
shortcut for the "name" attribute of the element
xsl:for-each - is a for each loop. The select part is an xpath
expression, and what it matches will be accessed by the <xsl:value-of
select="." />. All in all, the whole loop put every element into the
<dc:type> tag.

Regards,
Péter

--