Thanks everyone for more online payment system/service options!

Mark, thanks for mentioning about the PCI/DSS compliance in relation to
this. This is really good to know. Stripe looks promising to me. Our
library is looking into removing the cash register at the circ desk and
collect all library fines in addition to services charges (such as ILL
fees for corporate members or Conference room charges for non-campus
users). So we need a solution that will let us customize the fee
categories, amounts, etc. with the least effort on us to set it up.

What did you mean by a pre-packaged solution??

Thanks!
Bohyun

On 7/10/14, 11:20 AM, "Mark Pernotto" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>From a development standpoint, I have really enjoyed using Stripe (
>https://stripe.com/).  They offer some great hooks to get done anything
>I've ever wanted to do, and the payment processing is all done on Stripe's
>servers - no PCI/DSS compliance issues to worry about!  I've implemented
>instances in PHP, C# and Python, and a very basic implementation in
>Node.JS
>-  I know they have examples in lots of other languages as well.
>
>I couldn't tell from your question if you were looking for a pre-packaged
>solution, or something you could develop/work with in-house.
>
>.m