Yes that helps - we call it "suppressed".

Your post inspired me to research changing from our "old-style" III link resolver to OCLC KB.  So far, fun with pubget...

Cindy

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jenn Riley
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2014 3:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] non-kb based openurl from ILS

Oops, sorry for being oblique! Right now we have records for ebooks and ejournals in Aleph completely hidden from users ('shadowed' as we call it here), so they're not retrieved in searches. We did this because we knew the links in them werent going to work once we shut off SFX. If we had OpenURL working in Aleph going through the OCLC KB we'd unshadow these records and make them available to users again.

This all assumes the records can get into Aleph in the first place which is a separate issue, for which our approach and painful decisions are too complicated to get into here. :-)

Does that help?

Jenn