I can't comment on the other options, but I've used IIP[1] for a while now
on Apache 2 and I've been quite pleased with it. I use "mogrify" from
ImageMagick to create the JP2s from the JPGs on the server and it serves
them up nicely. I'm also able to have the photographer's name, copyright
date, and web site display on each image. Here's an example if you want to
get all up close and personal with an Emu:

http://freelargephotos.com/photos/300112/full.jp2/David+Chudnov

Roy

[1] IIP: http://iipimage.sourceforge.net/documentation/server/