The OCLC Developer Network is offering a free webinar, the VIAF API Workshop, on Thursday, July 17th at 1pm ET.

Ralph LeVan, Senior Research Scientist at OCLC, will provide an overview of the VIAF (Virtual International Authority File) API<http://oclc.org/developer/develop/web-services/virtual-international-authority-file-viaf.en.html> which provides access to national and regional-level authority records from the world's major name authority files. Ralph will talk both about the data and how you can use the API to access it. Special guests Joe Atzberger and Bobbi Fox will talk about their experience working with the VIAF API on a Developer House group project. They'll show us the autocomplete widget the group created and take us on a code walkthrough. We'll include some practical use cases and leave plenty of time for Q&A in this one hour API Workshop.

Registration is free and now open<http://oc.lc/isWHSt>.

Shelley

Shelley Hostetler
Community Manager, WorldShare Platform
http://www.oclc.org/developer
Phone: 847 701 8932
I'm always up for Skype chat: shelley_hostetler